Over three quarters of the working age population in South Lakeland are economically active, which indicates the availability of a significant labour force with a strong work ethic.
The area's tradition of manufacturing, coupled with rapid service sector growth and the resident engineering/technological base has created a skilled and adaptable workforce. This experienced and committed workforce is the reason for success behind many of South Lakeland's notable companies.
Key business information providers for the Kendal area are the Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency (CREA) who offer help and advice to new and existing businesses of all sizes. Services include start-up advice, business guidance, grants and training.
Local member organisations such as the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Small Businesses will also be a useful contact for new and existing businesses.
- Link to Business Link, What’s new section
- Link to Business Link, Taxes and payroll section
- Link to Business Link, Finance and grants
- Link to Business Link, Starting up
- Link to Invest in South Lakeland business website
- Link to SLDC planning portal
- Link to Business Rates
- Alternate Link to Business Rates
- Commercial land and premises
- Link to UK Resilient Business Software Toolkit
- Link to Cumbria Asset Re-Investment Trust (CART)
- InfoLab21-Free ICT Support for businesses www.infolab21.lancs.ac.uk/business